Empireem•pire (em′pīər; for 8–10 also om pēr′),USA pronunciation n.
- a group of nations or peoples ruled over by an emperor, empress, or other powerful sovereign or government: usually a territory of greater extent than a kingdom, as the former British Empire, French Empire, Russian Empire, Byzantine Empire, or Roman Empire.
- a government under an emperor or empress.
- (often cap.) the historical period during which a nation is under such a government: a history of the second French empire.
- supreme power in governing;
sovereignty: Austria's failure of empire in central Europe.
- supreme control;
absolute sway: passion's empire over the mind.
- a powerful and important enterprise or holding of large scope that is controlled by a single person, family, or group of associates: The family's shipping empire was founded 50 years ago.
- (cap.) a variety of apple somewhat resembling the McIntosh.
- (cap.) characteristic of or developed during the first French Empire, 1804–15.
- (usually cap.) (of women's attire and coiffures) of the style that prevailed during the first French Empire, in clothing being characterized esp. by décolletage and a high waistline, coming just below the bust, from which the skirt hangs straight and loose.
- (often cap.) noting or pertaining to the style of architecture, furnishings, and decoration prevailing in France and imitated to a greater or lesser extent in various other countries, c1800–30: characterized by the use of delicate but elaborate ornamentation imitated from Greek and Roman examples or containing classical allusions, as animal forms for the legs of furniture, bas-reliefs of classical figures, motifs of wreaths, torches, caryatids, lyres, and urns and by the occasional use of military and Egyptian motifs and, under the Napoleonic Empire itself, of symbols alluding to Napoleon I, as bees or the letter N.
Waistwaist (wāst),USA pronunciation n.
- the part of the body in humans between the ribs and the hips, usually the narrowest part of the torso.
- the part of a garment covering this part of the body.
- blouse (def. 1).
- the part of a one-piece garment covering the body from the neck or shoulders more or less to the waistline, esp. this part of a woman's or child's garment.
- a child's undergarment to which other articles of apparel may be attached.
- the part of an object, esp. a central or middle part, that resembles or is analogous to the human waist: the waist of a violin.
- the central part of a ship;
that part of the deck between the forecastle and the quarterdeck.
- the constricted portion of the abdomen of certain insects, as a wasp.
Couturecou•ture (ko̅o̅ tŏŏr′; Fr. ko̅o̅ tyr′),USA pronunciation n.
- the occupation of a couturier;
dressmaking and designing.
- fashion designers or couturiers collectively.
- the clothes and related articles designed by such designers.
- the business establishments of such designers, esp. where clothes are made to order.
- created or produced by a fashion designer: couture clothes.
- being, having, or suggesting the style, quality, etc., of a fashion designer;
very fashionable: the couture look.
Weddingwed•ding (wed′ing),USA pronunciation n.
- the act or ceremony of marrying;
- the anniversary of a marriage, or its celebration: They invited guests to their silver wedding.
- the act or an instance of blending or joining, esp. opposite or contrasting elements: a perfect wedding of conservatism and liberalism.
- a merger.
- of or pertaining to a wedding: the wedding ceremony; a wedding dress.
Dressdress (dres),USA pronunciation n., adj., v., dressed or drest, dress•ing.
- an outer garment for women and girls, consisting of bodice and skirt in one piece.
garb: The dress of the 18th century was colorful.
- formal attire.
- a particular form of appearance;
- outer covering, as the plumage of birds.
- of or for a dress or dresses.
- of or for a formal occasion.
- requiring formal dress.
- to put clothing upon.
- to put formal or evening clothes on.
- to trim;
adorn: to dress a store window; to dress a Christmas tree.
- to design clothing for or sell clothes to.
- to comb out and do up (hair).
- to cut up, trim, and remove the skin, feathers, viscera, etc., from (an animal, meat, fowl, or flesh of a fowl) for market or for cooking (often fol. by out when referring to a large animal): We dressed three chickens for the dinner. He dressed out the deer when he got back to camp.
- to prepare (skins, fabrics, timber, stone, ore, etc.) by special processes.
- to apply medication or a dressing to (a wound or sore).
- to make straight;
bring (troops) into line: to dress ranks.
- to make (stone, wood, or other building material) smooth.
- to cultivate (land, fields, etc.).
- [Theat.]to arrange (a stage) by effective placement of properties, scenery, actors, etc.
- to ornament (a vessel) with ensigns, house flags, code flags, etc.: The bark was dressed with masthead flags only.
- to prepare or bait (a fishhook) for use.
- to prepare (bait, esp. an artificial fly) for use.
- to fit (furniture) around and between pages in a chase prior to locking it up.
- to supply with accessories, optional features, etc.: to have one's new car fully dressed.
- to clothe or attire oneself;
put on one's clothes: Wake up and dress, now!
- to put on or wear formal or fancy clothes: to dress for dinner.
- to come into line, as troops.
- to align oneself with the next soldier, marcher, dancer, etc., in line.
- dress down:
- to reprimand;
- to thrash;
- to dress informally or less formally: to dress down for the shipboard luau.
- dress ship:
- to decorate a ship by hoisting lines of flags running its full length.
- [U.S. Navy.]to display the national ensigns at each masthead and a larger ensign on the flagstaff.
- dress up:
- to put on one's best or fanciest clothing;
dress relatively formally: They were dressed up for the Easter parade.
- to dress in costume or in another person's clothes: to dress up in Victorian clothing; to dress up as Marie Antoinette.
- to embellish or disguise, esp. in order to make more appealing or acceptable: to dress up the facts with colorful details.
Hi there, this post is about Empire Waist Couture Wedding Dress Ella ( Wedding Dress With Empire Waist #6). It is a image/jpeg and the resolution of this picture is 512 x 785. It's file size is just 44 KB. Wether You desired to save This image to Your laptop, you might Click here. You could also see more pictures by clicking the picture below or read more at this article: Wedding Dress With Empire Waist.
Several couples go for the topic and idea of the Empire Waist Couture Wedding Dress Ella ( Wedding Dress With Empire Waist #6) while organizing their special day. There are many ideas which can be considered by couples getting married when they are organizing a Empire Waist Couture Wedding Dress Ella ( Wedding Dress With Empire Waist #6), to ensure that their weddingday runs relative to the wish them.
Contemporary Flower Wedding Arrangements. Be crafted contemporary classic or it weddings, plants will always be wedding extras are generally employed. In case you are currently employing modern wedding decor, the striking bouquets placed in a vase can give a contemporary look. It is possible to decide to stay bouquets are currently flourishing having a single color that'll produce a look that is remarkable. If prepared correctly, the blossoms appealing in your modern wedding designs and can give a great elegance.
Building with bricks and resources directly subjected to sunlight can create a contemporary and hot place for marriages. Contemporary-art gallery can also present today's environment, which makes it ideal in the event you pick a wedding arrangements that are contemporary. Another option is actually a white, because the location could search ultramodern if utilized as being a wedding place.
Wedding Venue. Choosing the wedding locale could be the thing that must definitely be decided by way of a couple who're marriage, because the position can affect the marriage decorations that they will use. For a contemporary wedding, of course they've to select a spot using a modern-style.
Relevant Ideas of Empire Waist Couture Wedding Dress Ella ( Wedding Dress With Empire Waist #6)
- Medium Wedding Dresses
- Wrap Wedding Dress Style
- Unicorn Wedding Dress
- Layered Wedding Dresses
- Beautiful Wedding Dress
- Us Online Wedding Dresses
- Cream Wedding Dresses
- Lubbock Texas Wedding Venues
- Maggie Sottero Destination Wedding Dress
- How Much Wedding Dress Cost
- Halter Corset Wedding Dress
- Dresses For Fall Wedding Guest 2014
- Wedding Venues Near Watertown Ny
- Sell My Wedding Dress Quick
- Wedding Dresses Resale
- Red Wedding Bridesmaid Dresses