Orderingor•der (ôr′dər),USA pronunciation n.
- an authoritative direction or instruction;
- a command of a court or judge.
- a command or notice issued by a military organization or a military commander to troops, sailors, etc.
- the disposition of things following one after another, as in space or time;
succession or sequence: The names were listed in alphabetical order.
- a condition in which each thing is properly disposed with reference to other things and to its purpose;
methodical or harmonious arrangement: You must try to give order to your life.
- formal disposition or array: the order of the troops.
- proper, satisfactory, or working condition.
- state or condition generally: His financial affairs were in good order.
- conformity or obedience to law or established authority;
absence of disturbance, riot, revolt, unruliness, etc.: A police officer was there to maintain order.
- customary mode of procedure;
established practice or usage.
- the customary or prescribed mode of proceeding in debates or the like, or in the conduct of deliberative or legislative bodies, public meetings, etc.: parliamentary rules of order.
- prevailing course or arrangement of things;
established system or regime: The old order is changing.
- conformity to this.
- a direction or commission to make, provide, or furnish something: The salesclerk will take your order.
- a quantity of goods or items purchased or sold: The druggist is sending the order right over.
- the arrangement of the elements of a construction in a particular sequence, as the placing of John before the verb and of George after it in John saw George.
- the hierarchy of grammatical rules applying to a construction.
- the rank of immediate constituents.
- any of the nine grades of angels in medieval angelology. Cf. angel (def. 1).
- degree, as in algebra.
- the number of rows or columns of a square matrix or determinant.
- the number of times a function has been differentiated to produce a given derivative: a second order derivative.
- the order of the highest derivative appearing in a given differential equation: d2y/dx2 + 3y (dy/dx) - 6 = 0 is a differential equation of order two.
- the number of elements of a given group.
- the smallest positive integer such that a given element in a group raised to that integer equals the identity.
- the least positive integer n such that permuting a given set n times under a given permutation results in the set in its original form.
- any class, kind, or sort, as of persons or things, distinguished from others by nature or character: talents of a high order.
- the usual major subdivision of a class or subclass in the classification of organisms, consisting of several families.
- a rank, grade, or class of persons in a community.
- a group or body of persons of the same profession, occupation, or pursuits: the clerical order.
- a body or society of persons living by common consent under the same religious, moral, or social regulations.
- [Eccles.]any of the degrees or grades of clerical office. Cf. major order, minor order.
- a monastic society or fraternity: the Franciscan order.
- a written direction to pay money or deliver goods, given by a person legally entitled to dispose of it: delivery order; exchange order.
- any arrangement of columns with an entablature.
- any of five such arrangements typical of classical architecture, including the Doric, Ionic, and Corinthian orders invented by the Greeks and adapted by the Romans, the Tuscan order, invented by the Romans, and the Composite order, first named during the Renaissance.
- any of several concentric rings composing an arch, esp. when each projects beyond the one below. See illus. under tympanum.
- orders, the rank or status of an ordained Christian minister.
- Usually, orders. the rite or sacrament of ordination.
- a prescribed form of divine service or of administration of a rite or ceremony.
- the service itself.
- the visible structures essential or desirable to the nature of the church, involving esp. ministry, polity, and sacraments.
- a society or fraternity of knights, of combined military and monastic character, as, in the Middle Ages, the Knights Templars.
- a modern organization or society more or less resembling the knightly orders: fraternal orders.
- a special honor or rank conferred by a sovereign upon a person for distinguished achievement.
- the insignia worn by such persons.
- [Chiefly Brit.]a pass for admission to a theater, museum, or the like.
- a tall order, a very difficult or formidable task, requirement, or demand: Getting the crop harvested with so few hands to help was a tall order.Also, a large order.
- call to order, to begin (a meeting): The meeting was called to order at 3 o'clock.
- in order:
appropriate: It appears that an apology is in order.
- in a state of proper arrangement, preparation, or readiness: Everything is in order for the departure.
- correct according to the rules of parliamentary procedure: Questions from the floor are now in order.
- in order that, so that;
to the end that: We ought to leave early in order that we may not miss the train.
- in order to, as a means to;
with the purpose of: She worked summers in order to save money for college.
- in short order, with promptness or speed;
rapidly: The merchandise arrived in short order.
- on order, ordered but not yet received: We're out of stock in that item, but it's on order.
- on the order of:
- resembling to some extent;
like: I would like a dress on the order of the one in the window.
about: On the order of 100,000 people attended the rally.
- out of order:
unsuitable: His remark was certainly out of order.
- not operating properly;
in disrepair: The air conditioner is out of order again.
- incorrect according to the rules of parliamentary procedure: The chairwoman told him that he was out of order.
- to order, according to one's individual requirements or instructions: a suit made to order; carpeting cut to order.
- to give an order, direction, or command to: The infantry divisions were ordered to advance.
- to direct or command to go or come as specified: to order a person out of one's house.
- to prescribe: The doctor ordered rest for the patient.
- to direct to be made, supplied, or furnished: to order a copy of a book.
- to regulate, conduct, or manage: to order one's life for greater leisure.
- to arrange methodically or suitably: to order chessmen for a game.
- to arrange (the elements of a set) so that if one element precedes another, it cannot be preceded by the other or by elements that the other precedes.
- to ordain, as God or fate does.
- to invest with clerical rank or authority.
- to give an order or issue orders: I wish to order, but the waiter is busy.
Weddingwed•ding (wed′ing),USA pronunciation n.
- the act or ceremony of marrying;
- the anniversary of a marriage, or its celebration: They invited guests to their silver wedding.
- a merger.
- of or pertaining to a wedding: the wedding ceremony; a wedding dress.
Dressdress (dres),USA pronunciation n., adj., v., dressed or drest, dress•ing.
- an outer garment for women and girls, consisting of bodice and skirt in one piece.
garb: The dress of the 18th century was colorful.
- formal attire.
- a particular form of appearance;
- outer covering, as the plumage of birds.
- of or for a dress or dresses.
- of or for a formal occasion.
- requiring formal dress.
- to put clothing upon.
- to put formal or evening clothes on.
- to trim;
adorn: to dress a store window; to dress a Christmas tree.
- to design clothing for or sell clothes to.
- to comb out and do up (hair).
- to prepare (skins, fabrics, timber, stone, ore, etc.) by special processes.
- to apply medication or a dressing to (a wound or sore).
- to make straight;
bring (troops) into line: to dress ranks.
- to make (stone, wood, or other building material) smooth.
- to cultivate (land, fields, etc.).
- [Theat.]to arrange (a stage) by effective placement of properties, scenery, actors, etc.
- to prepare or bait (a fishhook) for use.
- to prepare (bait, esp. an artificial fly) for use.
- to fit (furniture) around and between pages in a chase prior to locking it up.
- to supply with accessories, optional features, etc.: to have one's new car fully dressed.
- to clothe or attire oneself;
put on one's clothes: Wake up and dress, now!
- to put on or wear formal or fancy clothes: to dress for dinner.
- to come into line, as troops.
- to align oneself with the next soldier, marcher, dancer, etc., in line.
- to reprimand;
- to thrash;
- to dress informally or less formally: to dress down for the shipboard luau.
- to decorate a ship by hoisting lines of flags running its full length.
- [U.S. Navy.]to display the national ensigns at each masthead and a larger ensign on the flagstaff.
dress relatively formally: They were dressed up for the Easter parade.
Onlineline1 (līn),USA pronunciation n., v., lined, lin•ing.
- a mark or stroke long in proportion to its breadth, made with a pen, pencil, tool, etc., on a surface: a line down the middle of the page.
- a continuous extent of length, straight or curved, without breadth or thickness;
the trace of a moving point.
- something arranged along a line, esp. a straight line;
a row or series: a line of trees.
- a number of persons standing one behind the other and waiting their turns at or for something;
- something resembling a traced line, as a band of color, a seam, or a furrow: lines of stratification in rock.
- a furrow or wrinkle on the face, neck, etc.: lines around the eyes.
- an indication of demarcation;
limit: the county line; a fine line between right and wrong.
- a row of written or printed letters, words, etc.: a page of 30 lines.
- a verse of poetry: A line in iambic pentameter contains five feet.
- Usually, lines. the words of an actor's part in a drama, musical comedy, etc.: to rehearse one's lines.
- a short written message: Drop me a line when you're on vacation.
- a system of public conveyances, as buses or trains, plying regularly over a fixed route: the northbound line at State Street.
- a transportation or conveyance company: a steamship line.
- a course of direction;
route: the line of march down Main Street.
- a course of action, procedure, thought, policy, etc.: That newspaper follows the communist line.
- a piece of pertinent or useful information (usually fol. by on): I've got a line on a good used car.
- a series of generations of persons, animals, or plants descended from a common ancestor: a line of kings.
- a department of activity;
occupation or business: What line are you in?
- a mode of conversation, esp. one that is glib or exaggerated in order to impress or influence another person: He really handed her a line about his rich relatives.
- a straight line drawn from an observed object to the fovea of the eye.
- the outer form or proportions of a ship, building, etc.: a ship of fine lines.
- a general form, as of an event or something that is made, which may be the basis of comparison, imitation, etc.: two books written along the same lines.
- a person's lot or portion: to endure the hard lines of poverty.
- [Chiefly Brit.]a certificate of marriage.
- a circle of the terrestrial or celestial sphere: the equinoctial line.
- banner (def. 7).
- a mark made by a pencil, brush, or the like, that defines the contour of a shape, forms hatching, etc.
- the edge of a shape.
- [Television.]one scanning line.
- a telephone connection: Please hold the line.
- a wire circuit connecting two or more pieces of electric apparatus, esp. the wire or wires connecting points or stations in a telegraph or telephone system, or the system itself.
- the line, the equator.
- a stock of commercial goods of the same general class but having a range of styles, sizes, prices, or quality: the company's line of shoes.
- an assembly line.
- a limit defining one estate from another;
the outline or boundary of a piece of real estate.
- [Bridge.]a line on a score sheet that separates points scored toward game(below the line) from points scored by setting a contract, having honors, etc.(above the line).
- [Music.]any of the straight, horizontal, parallel strokes of the staff, or one placed above or below the staff.
- a defensive position or front.
- a series of fortifications: the Maginot line.
- Usually, lines. a distribution of troops, sentries, etc., for the defense of a position or for an attack: behind the enemy's lines.
- the body of personnel constituting the combatant forces of an army, as distinguished from the supply services and staff corps.
- an arrangement of troops of an army or of ships of a fleet as drawn up for battle: line of battle.
- a body or formation of troops or ships drawn up abreast (distinguished from column).
- the class of officers serving with combatant units or warships.
- the regular forces of an army or navy.
- that part of an administrative organization consisting of persons actively engaged on a given project. Cf. staff1 (def. 4).
- a thread, string, cord, rope, or the like.
- a clothesline: the wash hanging on the line.
- a cord, wire, or the like, used for measuring or as a guide.
- a pipe or hose: a steam line.
- a rope or cable used at sea.
- a small quantity of cocaine arranged in the form of a slender thread or line, as for sniffing.
- Also, ligne. a unit, &fracnumer;
inch (0.635 millimeter), for measuring the diameter of buttons.
- [Angling.]a length of nylon, silk, linen, cord, or the like, to which are attached the leader, hook, sinker, float, etc.
- either of the two front rows of opposing players lined up opposite each other on the line of scrimmage: a four-man line.
- See line of scrimmage.
- the betting odds established by bookmakers for events not covered by pari-mutuel betting, esp. sporting events, as football or basketball.
- [Ice Hockey.]the two wings and center who make up a team's offensive unit.
- [Fencing.]any of the four divisions of the portion of a fencer's body on which a touch can be scored, taken as an area of attack or defense.
- the longer and preferred flax or hemp fibers. Cf. tow2 (def. 2).
- [Fox Hunting.]the trail of scent left by a fox.
- a unit of length equivalent to &fracnumer;
inch (2.12 millimeters).
- a class or type of insurance: casualty line.
- the amount of insurance written for a particular risk.
- [Australian Slang.]a girl or woman.
- bring, come, or get into line:
- to become or cause to become straight, as in a row: The members of the marching band got into line.
- to conform or cause to conform or agree: They were persuaded to come into line with the party's policy.
- down the line:
- in all ways;
fully: It's a fine house right down the line—well-built, roomy, attractive.
- in the future.
- draw the line, to impose a restriction;
limit: They might exaggerate but would draw the line at outright lying.
- go up in one's lines, [U.S.]Theat. to forget one's part during a performance. Also,[Brit.,] go up on one's lines.
- hold the line, to maintain the status quo, esp. in order to forestall unfavorable developments: We're trying to hold the line on prices.
- in line:
- in alignment;
- in conformity or agreement.
- in control (of one's conduct): to keep one's temper in line.
- waiting one behind the other in a queue: There were eight people in line at the teller's window.
- in line with, in agreement or conformity with: The action taken was in line with her decision.
- in the line of duty, in the execution of the duties belonging to some occupation, esp. with regard to the responsibility for life and death: a policeman wounded in the line of duty.Also, in line of duty.
- lay it on the line:
- to give money;
- to give the required information;
speak directly or frankly: I'm going to stop being polite and lay it on the line.
- off line:
- occurring or functioning away from an assembly line, work process, etc.
- not in operation;
- on a line, [Baseball.](of a batted or thrown ball) through the air in an approximately straight line from the point of impact or delivery: hit on a line between third and short; thrown in on a line from the center fielder.
- on line:
- on or part of an assembly line: Production will be improved when the new welding equipment is on line.
- in or into operation: The manufacturing facilities will be on line before November.
- [Computers.]actively linked to a computer: The printer is not yet on line.
- [Chiefly New York City.]See line 1 (def. 60e).
- on the line:
- being risked or put in jeopardy;
in a vulnerable position: Our prestige and honor are on the line.
readily: paid cash on the line.
- out of line:
- not in a straight line.
- in disagreement with what is accepted or practiced.
presumptuous: That last remark was out of line.
- read between the lines, to understand the unexpressed but implied meaning of something said or written: Her letter sounded cheerful enough, but I read a certain sadness between the lines.
- toe the line or mark:
- to conform strictly to a rule, command, etc.
- to shoulder responsibilities;
do one's duty: He tried hard to toe the line on the new job.
- to take a position in a line;
range (often fol. by up): to line up before the start of a parade.
- to hit a line drive.
- to line out.
lin′a•ble, line′a•ble, adj.
- to bring into a line, or into line with others (often fol. by up): to line up troops.
- to mark with a line or lines: to line paper for writing.
- to sketch verbally or in writing;
outline (often fol. by out): We followed the plan he had lined out.
- to arrange a line along: to line a coast with colonies.
- to form a line along: Rocks lined the drive.
- to apply liner to (the eyes).
- to delineate with or as if with lines;
draw: to line the silhouette of a person's head.
- [Archaic.]to measure or test with a line.
- line out:
- [Baseball.]to be put out by hitting a line drive caught on the fly by a player of the opposing team.
- to execute or perform: He lined out a few songs upon request.
- line up, to secure;
make available: to line up support; to line up a speaker for the banquet.
Nicenice (nīs),USA pronunciation adj., nic•er, nic•est.
delightful: a nice visit.
- amiably pleasant;
kind: They are always nice to strangers.
- characterized by, showing, or requiring great accuracy, precision, skill, tact, care, or delicacy: nice workmanship; a nice shot; a nice handling of a crisis.
- showing or indicating very small differences;
minutely accurate, as instruments: a job that requires nice measurements.
- minute, fine, or subtle: a nice distinction.
- having or showing delicate, accurate perception: a nice sense of color.
- refined in manners, language, etc.: Nice people wouldn't do such things.
decorous: a nice girl.
- suitable or proper: That was not a nice remark.
- carefully neat in dress, habits, etc.
- (esp. of food) dainty or delicate.
- having fastidious, finicky, or fussy tastes: They're much too nice in their dining habits to enjoy an outdoor barbecue.
- [Obs.]coy, shy, or reluctant.
- make nice, to behave in a friendly, ingratiating, or conciliatory manner.
- nice and, sufficiently: It's nice and warm in here.
Looklook (lŏŏk),USA pronunciation v.i.
- to turn one's eyes toward something or in some direction in order to see: He looked toward the western horizon and saw the returning planes.
- to glance or gaze in a manner specified: to look questioningly at a person.
- to use one's sight or vision in seeking, searching, examining, watching, etc.: to look through the papers.
- to tend, as in bearing or significance: Conditions look toward war.
- to appear or seem to the eye as specified: to look pale.
- to appear or seem to the mind: The case looks promising.
- to direct attention or consideration: to look at the facts.
- to have an outlook or afford a view: The window looks upon the street.
- to face or front: The house looks to the east.
- to give (someone) a look: He looked me straight in the eye.
- to have an appearance appropriate to or befitting (something): She looked her age.
- to appear to be;
look like: He looked a perfect fool, coming to the party a day late.
- to express or suggest by looks: to look one's annoyance at a person.
- [Archaic.]to bring, put, etc., by looks.
- look after:
- to follow with the eye, as someone or something moving away: She looked after him as he walked toward the train station.
- to pay attention to;
concern oneself with: to look after one's own interests.
- to take care of;
minister to: to look after a child.
- look back, to review past events;
return in thought: When I look back on our school days, it seems as if they were a century ago.
- look daggers, to look at someone with a furious, menacing expression: I could see my partner looking daggers at me.
- look down on or upon, to regard with scorn or disdain;
have contempt for: They look down on all foreigners.
- look down one's nose at, to regard with an overbearing attitude of superiority, disdain, or censure: The more advanced students really looked down their noses at the beginners.
- look for:
- to seek;
search for: Columbus was looking for a shorter route to India when he discovered America.
- to anticipate;
expect: I'll be looking for you at the reception.
- look forward to, to anticipate with eagerness or pleasure: I always look forward to your visits.
- look in:
- Also, look into. to look briefly inside of: Look in the jar and tell me if any cookies are left.
- Also, look in on. to visit (a person, place, etc.) briefly: I'll look in some day next week.
- look into, to inquire into;
examine: The auditors are looking into the records to find the cause of the discrepancy.
- look on or upon:
- to be a spectator;
watch: The crowd looked on at the street brawl.
- to consider;
regard: They look upon gambling as sinful.
- look out:
- to look to the outside, as from a window or a place of observation: From her office window, she could look out over the bustling city.
- to be vigilant or on guard: Look out, there are dangers ahead.
- to afford a view;
face: The room looks out on the garden.
- look out for, to take watchful care of;
be concerned about: He has to look out for his health.
- look over, to examine, esp. briefly: Will you please look over my report before I submit it?
- look sharp:
- to be alert and quick: If you want to get ahead, you must look sharp.
- Also, look slippy. to hurry: You'd better look sharp! It's getting late.
- look to:
- to direct one's glance or gaze to: If you look to your left, you can see the Empire State Building.
- to pay attention to: Look to your own affairs and stay out of mine.
- to direct one's expectations or hopes to: We look to the day when world peace will be a reality.
- to regard with expectation and anticipation: We look to the future and greater advances in science and technology.
- look up:
- to direct the eyes upward;
raise one's glance: The other guests looked up as she entered the room.
- to become better or more prosperous;
improve: Business is looking up.
- to search for, as an item of information, in a reference book or the like: Look up the answer in the encyclopedia.
- to seek out, esp. to visit: to look up an old friend.
- [Naut.](of a sailing ship) to head more nearly in the direction of its destination after a favoring change of wind.
- look up to, to regard with admiration or respect;
esteem: A boy needs a father he can look up to.
- the act of looking: a look of inquiry.
- a visual search or examination.
- the way in which a person or thing appears to the eye or to the mind;
aspect: He has the look of an honest man. The tablecloth has a cheap look.
- an expressive glance: to give someone a sharp look.
- general aspect;
appearance: to like the looks of a place.
- attractive, pleasing appearance.
Weddingwed•ding (wed′ing),USA pronunciation n.
- the act or ceremony of marrying;
- the anniversary of a marriage, or its celebration: They invited guests to their silver wedding.
- a merger.
- of or pertaining to a wedding: the wedding ceremony; a wedding dress.
Realityre•al•i•ty (rē al′i tē),USA pronunciation n., pl. -ties for 3, 5–7.
- the state or quality of being real.
- resemblance to what is real.
- a real thing or fact.
- real things, facts, or events taken as a whole;
state of affairs: the reality of the business world; vacationing to escape reality.
- something that exists independently of ideas concerning it.
- something that exists independently of all other things and from which all other things derive.
- something that is real.
- something that constitutes a real or actual thing, as distinguished from something that is merely apparent.
- in reality, in fact or truth;
actually: brave in appearance, but in reality a coward.
Hi folks, this picture is about Ordering A Wedding Dress Online Nice Look #1 Wedding Dresses: Ads Versus Reality. It is a image/jpeg and the resolution of this photo is 563 x 576. This post's file size is just 44 KB. If You desired to download It to Your laptop, you might Click here. You also also download more pictures by clicking the image below or read more at this post: Ordering A Wedding Dress Online.
Everybody knows they've to enhance the dining table to get a wedding reception. Ordering A Wedding Dress Online Nice Look #1 Wedding Dresses: Ads Versus Reality are usually employed contain candles and plants. To be able to cause you to, the decoration is vital and also the friends invited comfortable while joining your wedding and to go to. There are many wedding decorating ideas that you can employ on your special day that is such.
Listed below are seven essential factors that's often overlooked when developing and developing Ordering A Wedding Dress Online Nice Look #1 Wedding Dresses: Ads Versus Reality.
Making a Special Wedding Decorations At Entrance. The entrance to your wedding would be the very first thing seen immediately by the attendees that are invited, and it will supply the first-impression before they enter and attend the wedding. We suggest which you work with a desirable and special design within this section. Use woods or plants on either part of the entrance within the design and add photo frames and a several flowers while in the hall to keep to be an amazing effect of one's marriage ceremony.
Relevant Galleries of Ordering A Wedding Dress Online Nice Look #1 Wedding Dresses: Ads Versus Reality
- Top Wedding Venues Long Island
- Wedding Dress Oxfam
- Small Wedding Venues In Raleigh Nc
- Unique Boston Wedding Venues
- Michigan Outdoor Wedding Venues
- November Rain Wedding Dress For Sale
- Wedding Venue In Charlotte Nc
- Find Perfect Wedding Dress
- Rustic Wedding Venues Rochester Ny
- Womens Dress Suit For Wedding
- Wedding Venues Portland Maine
- Simple Short Wedding Dresses
- Wedding Dresses With Red Detail
- Affordable Wedding Venues Atlanta
- Low Back Beach Wedding Dresses
- Designer Wedding Dresses New York