VictorianVic•to•ri•an (vik tôr′ē ən, -tōr′-),USA pronunciation adj.
- of or pertaining to Queen Victoria or the period of her reign: Victorian poets.
- having the characteristics usually attributed to the Victorians, esp. prudishness and observance of the conventionalities.
- noting or pertaining to the architecture, furnishings, and decoration of English-speaking countries between c1840 and c1900, characterized by rapid changes of style as a consequence of aesthetic and philosophical controversy, technological innovations, and changes of fashion, by the frequent presence of ostentatious ornament, and by an overall trend from classicism at the start to romanticism and eclecticism at the middle of the period and thence to classicism again, with attempts at stylistic innovation occurring from time to time.
- noting or pertaining to the massive, elaborate work characteristic esp. of the period c1855–80, derived mainly from the Baroque and Gothic styles and characterized by the presence of heavy carved ornament, elaborate moldings, etc., by the use of strong and generally dark colors, by the frequent use of dark varnished woodwork, by the emphasis on geometrical form rather than on textural effects, and frequently by an effect of harshness.
- a person who lived during the Victorian period.
- a house in or imitative of the Victorian style.
Weddingwed•ding (wed′ing),USA pronunciation n.
- the act or ceremony of marrying;
- the anniversary of a marriage, or its celebration: They invited guests to their silver wedding.
- the act or an instance of blending or joining, esp. opposite or contrasting elements: a perfect wedding of conservatism and liberalism.
- a merger.
- of or pertaining to a wedding: the wedding ceremony; a wedding dress.
Dressdress (dres),USA pronunciation n., adj., v., dressed or drest, dress•ing.
- an outer garment for women and girls, consisting of bodice and skirt in one piece.
garb: The dress of the 18th century was colorful.
- formal attire.
- a particular form of appearance;
- outer covering, as the plumage of birds.
- of or for a dress or dresses.
- of or for a formal occasion.
- requiring formal dress.
- to put clothing upon.
- to put formal or evening clothes on.
- to trim;
adorn: to dress a store window; to dress a Christmas tree.
- to design clothing for or sell clothes to.
- to comb out and do up (hair).
- to cut up, trim, and remove the skin, feathers, viscera, etc., from (an animal, meat, fowl, or flesh of a fowl) for market or for cooking (often fol. by out when referring to a large animal): We dressed three chickens for the dinner. He dressed out the deer when he got back to camp.
- to prepare (skins, fabrics, timber, stone, ore, etc.) by special processes.
- to apply medication or a dressing to (a wound or sore).
- to make straight;
bring (troops) into line: to dress ranks.
- to make (stone, wood, or other building material) smooth.
- to cultivate (land, fields, etc.).
- [Theat.]to arrange (a stage) by effective placement of properties, scenery, actors, etc.
- to ornament (a vessel) with ensigns, house flags, code flags, etc.: The bark was dressed with masthead flags only.
- to prepare or bait (a fishhook) for use.
- to prepare (bait, esp. an artificial fly) for use.
- to fit (furniture) around and between pages in a chase prior to locking it up.
- to supply with accessories, optional features, etc.: to have one's new car fully dressed.
- to clothe or attire oneself;
put on one's clothes: Wake up and dress, now!
- to put on or wear formal or fancy clothes: to dress for dinner.
- to come into line, as troops.
- to align oneself with the next soldier, marcher, dancer, etc., in line.
- dress down:
- to reprimand;
- to thrash;
- to dress informally or less formally: to dress down for the shipboard luau.
- dress ship:
- to decorate a ship by hoisting lines of flags running its full length.
- [U.S. Navy.]to display the national ensigns at each masthead and a larger ensign on the flagstaff.
- dress up:
- to put on one's best or fanciest clothing;
dress relatively formally: They were dressed up for the Easter parade.
- to dress in costume or in another person's clothes: to dress up in Victorian clothing; to dress up as Marie Antoinette.
- to embellish or disguise, esp. in order to make more appealing or acceptable: to dress up the facts with colorful details.
Howdy there, this blog post is about Victorian Wedding Dress (ordinary Victorian Lace Wedding Dresses #1). This photo is a image/jpeg and the resolution of this file is 460 x 690. This post's file size is just 22 KB. Wether You ought to save This attachment to Your computer, you may Click here. You might also see more photos by clicking the following image or read more at this post: Victorian Lace Wedding Dresses.
Without stop working their savings, with appropriate wedding, the groom and bride may elegantly designed weddings. Having spending goods discount and a tiny innovative thinking may help make the visitors and keep the budget based on approach feel as if these were participating a luxurious event. The decoration is low-cost allows partners bride to celebrate for that additional wedding requirements in case your wedding budget is minimal.
Some lovers argument with expensive arrangements to be utilized just once, along with the decoration is more charge is also more green. For both the wedding and reception, there is a wide variety of wedding accessories that nevertheless appears elegant and beautiful. In the region your geographical area, pick bouquets which are to blossom in year is to find the best rates.
Slideshows: Use the projector is easy to transform surfaces that are bare within the party by transmission a slide show played again and again throughout the evening you then become an exhibit location that is immediate. Slides are exhibited range from pre-wedding photographs of the wedding couple, clipart enchanting, songs about love or union, and also relevant images that are other. Allow character be your design. Benefit from natural beauty like plants or the fall vegetation are flourishing in the pine that will assist as being a history to your affair.
This means you've to buy plants from different locations should you buy a flower that's not been the summer season. You're able to save shipping price, by purchasing attention from nearby farmers. To get a wedding that is relaxed, consider rising your personal greens attention in your webpage or use the local wildflowers. You can add new blossoms inside the lounge through which friends and about the dining table.
Try and acquire white lamps glowing to family users and friends to enhance the reception hall or curtain posts round the desk, and put in a discoball or possibly a straightforward party lights for receptions stylish stand-up celebration. Do not hide your Victorian Wedding Dress (ordinary Victorian Lace Wedding Dresses #1). Make this meal one's reception with cake's focal-point put in place a desk in a prominent place. Put in a basic decoration for that stand and permit your guests appreciate your sophisticated wedding meal through the reception.
Candles add intimate illumination to your event. Cost polish that nothing can make you looks Victorian Lace Wedding Dresses that is more luxurious. For presenting a stylish reflection result, use candle holders manufactured from material. Light: change the bulb for lighting's cause that matches the colour and concept of one's wedding is an inexpensive to make your wedding and swift easy reception appear more lavish.
Similar Ideas of Victorian Wedding Dress (ordinary Victorian Lace Wedding Dresses #1)
- Garden Grove Wedding Venues
- Hitchin Wedding Dress Shops
- Charlene Wedding Dress
- Wedding Dress Beach Casual
- Wedding Dresses Traditional
- Wedding Venues In Waterford Mi
- Inbal Dror Wedding Dress Price Range
- Waxahachie Wedding Venues
- Pacific Palisades Wedding Venues
- Plus Size Dresses To Wear To Wedding
- Civil Wedding Venues Oxfordshire
- Best Dresses To Wear To A Fall Wedding
- Cheap Austin Wedding Venues
- White Rose Lace Wedding Dress
- Long Arm Wedding Dresses
- Wedding Venues Near Stroudsburg Pa