VictorianVic•to•ri•an (vik tôr′ē ən, -tōr′-),USA pronunciation adj.
- of or pertaining to Queen Victoria or the period of her reign: Victorian poets.
- having the characteristics usually attributed to the Victorians, esp. prudishness and observance of the conventionalities.
- noting or pertaining to the architecture, furnishings, and decoration of English-speaking countries between c1840 and c1900, characterized by rapid changes of style as a consequence of aesthetic and philosophical controversy, technological innovations, and changes of fashion, by the frequent presence of ostentatious ornament, and by an overall trend from classicism at the start to romanticism and eclecticism at the middle of the period and thence to classicism again, with attempts at stylistic innovation occurring from time to time.
- noting or pertaining to the massive, elaborate work characteristic esp. of the period c1855–80, derived mainly from the Baroque and Gothic styles and characterized by the presence of heavy carved ornament, elaborate moldings, etc., by the use of strong and generally dark colors, by the frequent use of dark varnished woodwork, by the emphasis on geometrical form rather than on textural effects, and frequently by an effect of harshness.
- a person who lived during the Victorian period.
- a house in or imitative of the Victorian style.
Erae•ra (ēr′ə, er′ə),USA pronunciation n.
- a period of time marked by distinctive character, events, etc.: The use of steam for power marked the beginning of an era.
- the period of time to which anything belongs or is to be assigned: She was born in the era of hansoms and gaslight.
- a system of chronologic notation reckoned from a given date: The era of the Romans was based upon the time the city of Rome was founded.
- a point of time from which succeeding years are numbered, as at the beginning of a system of chronology: Caesar died many years before our era.
- a date or an event forming the beginning of any distinctive period: The year 1492 marks an era in world history.
- a major division of geologic time composed of a number of periods. See table under geologic time.
Weddingwed•ding (wed′ing),USA pronunciation n.
- the act or ceremony of marrying;
- the anniversary of a marriage, or its celebration: They invited guests to their silver wedding.
- the act or an instance of blending or joining, esp. opposite or contrasting elements: a perfect wedding of conservatism and liberalism.
- a merger.
- of or pertaining to a wedding: the wedding ceremony; a wedding dress.
Dressdress (dres),USA pronunciation n., adj., v., dressed or drest, dress•ing.
- an outer garment for women and girls, consisting of bodice and skirt in one piece.
garb: The dress of the 18th century was colorful.
- formal attire.
- a particular form of appearance;
- outer covering, as the plumage of birds.
- of or for a dress or dresses.
- of or for a formal occasion.
- requiring formal dress.
- to put clothing upon.
- to put formal or evening clothes on.
- to trim;
adorn: to dress a store window; to dress a Christmas tree.
- to design clothing for or sell clothes to.
- to comb out and do up (hair).
- to cut up, trim, and remove the skin, feathers, viscera, etc., from (an animal, meat, fowl, or flesh of a fowl) for market or for cooking (often fol. by out when referring to a large animal): We dressed three chickens for the dinner. He dressed out the deer when he got back to camp.
- to prepare (skins, fabrics, timber, stone, ore, etc.) by special processes.
- to apply medication or a dressing to (a wound or sore).
- to make straight;
bring (troops) into line: to dress ranks.
- to make (stone, wood, or other building material) smooth.
- to cultivate (land, fields, etc.).
- [Theat.]to arrange (a stage) by effective placement of properties, scenery, actors, etc.
- to ornament (a vessel) with ensigns, house flags, code flags, etc.: The bark was dressed with masthead flags only.
- to prepare or bait (a fishhook) for use.
- to prepare (bait, esp. an artificial fly) for use.
- to fit (furniture) around and between pages in a chase prior to locking it up.
- to supply with accessories, optional features, etc.: to have one's new car fully dressed.
- to clothe or attire oneself;
put on one's clothes: Wake up and dress, now!
- to put on or wear formal or fancy clothes: to dress for dinner.
- to come into line, as troops.
- to align oneself with the next soldier, marcher, dancer, etc., in line.
- dress down:
- to reprimand;
- to thrash;
- to dress informally or less formally: to dress down for the shipboard luau.
- dress ship:
- to decorate a ship by hoisting lines of flags running its full length.
- [U.S. Navy.]to display the national ensigns at each masthead and a larger ensign on the flagstaff.
- dress up:
- to put on one's best or fanciest clothing;
dress relatively formally: They were dressed up for the Easter parade.
- to dress in costume or in another person's clothes: to dress up in Victorian clothing; to dress up as Marie Antoinette.
- to embellish or disguise, esp. in order to make more appealing or acceptable: to dress up the facts with colorful details.
Howdy guys, this post is about Victorian Era Wedding Dress Success ( Victorian Era Wedding Dresses #1). This photo is a image/jpeg and the resolution of this image is 1015 x 428. It's file size is only 94 KB. Wether You ought to save It to Your computer, you might Click here. You also also download more images by clicking the picture below or see more at this article: Victorian Era Wedding Dresses.
You have got a long-term want to undertake a serious connection with a spouse? You've to consider to utilize for that Victorian Era Wedding Dress Success ( Victorian Era Wedding Dresses #1), before you begin preparing to move into union, obviously. One is really a requirement must before you utilize will be to choose a band that matches your requirements.
Decide the kind Diamonds. In this portion precision was mandatory by the in choosing a stone. Because diamonds possess a number of patterns and sorts it is. This can be where the parts were fairly challenging because there are some particulars that must be considered, to get a diamond ring. If you should be undecided, you'll be able to invite acquaintances who already have in buying a band to use experience.
Determine Type and Design Band. Selecting a ring layout modern minimalist-style is highly recommended for those who need to get a gemstone at an inexpensive cost within the carrier. Match up against diamonds across the circumference of the ring's traditional opulent ring. Vintage ring design models typically have greater rates in contrast to modern design. Make the most of the 0% sequel capability using a bank card in the lender the appropriate provider to purchase a ring to propose and arrange your spending income in the foreseeable future!
More Designs on Victorian Era Wedding Dress Success ( Victorian Era Wedding Dresses #1)
- Wedding Dresses St Louis Mo
- Wedding Dresses By Watters
- Guys In Wedding Dresses
- West Chester Pa Wedding Venues
- Woodbury Wedding Venues
- Ivory Lace Short Wedding Dress
- Lethbridge Wedding Venues
- Wedding Dress Cake Tutorial
- Sweetheart Neckline Tulle Wedding Dress
- Michelle Wedding Dresses
- Womens Dress Suit For Wedding
- Lace Cape Wedding Dress
- Dress For Beach Wedding For Mother Of Bride
- Doctor Who Inspired Wedding Dress
- Blue Wedding Bridesmaid Dresses
- Dresses For Guests At Wedding